6 tips to effectively manage your busy schedule
The simple, unpleasant truth is that we are now probably busier than we have ever been and stress has become so commonplace that it is seen as a way of life. We’re always in a rush, talking too fast and are constantly nagged by the idea that we have forgotten to do something; only we are not sure what it is. WOOP have put together six top tips to help you manage your time most effectively so you can get the most out of your day.
- Be brutal with prioritisation. Before you start your day, make a list of all the tasks that need immediate attention. Decide what is most important for you and your company. The key here is to schedule your priorities rather than prioritise your schedule. We all know unimportant tasks can suck-up your time.
- Plan ahead of time. Before you get stuck into your week, make sure you effectively manage your time through making a simple list and make sure all tasks are attainable. The last thing you want is to put unnecessary pressure on yourself or others! We like to create three lists: work, home and personal.
- It’s common for all of us to take on more tasks than what we desire and this is what leads to stress and burnout. Delegation is not running away from your responsibilities but is an important function of management, while micro-managing can be unproductive and exhausting.
- Avoid stress and start early. Many successful men and women have one thing in common. They start their day early as it gives them time to sit, think, and plan their day. At WOOP, we like to get up half an hour early and go for a brisk run or walk around the block. This keeps us fresh, clear-headed and boosts our energy levels for the day.
- Be flexible. Although pre-planning is very important for efficiency, something may come your way that needs immediate attention so try not to lose sight of your priorities as this can cause a ripple effect. Once you’re back on your feet, sit down for five minutes and re-prioritise your tasks.
- Get the most out of your day. WOOP is here to help take the pressure off so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your evenings. Don’t worry about what you have in the fridge when you get home from a busy day, let us make sure you have three meals a week that are nutritionally balanced and fuel your brain.